Thursday 19 March 2009

Regaining Personal Integrity

Student successes at Narconon Hastings

Hello,

Towards the end of the Narconon program, the students study a course called the 'Personal Values and Integrity Course’. This is where our students fully recognise the consequences of their actions, learn the true meaning of ‘responsibility’ and regain their personal integrity.

Life can be somewhat inconsequential to a drug addict and it can be all too easy to become involved in non-survival activities which propel a person down the slippery slope. As we are basically good, these actions can make a person feel very guilty and unhappy and become, in themselves, a barrier to living a drug-free life.

Through this course, a better understanding of ethics and morals is achieved and our students are able to take responsibility for the past and unburden themselves from the effects of behaviour which have been damaging to self and others. The relief from being able to do this is so special and gives a person a chance to change his ways and be who he or she really is with a renewed sense of right and wrong, a light heart and a genuine smile!

Here’s what a couple of our students have to say about this course:

"This book was very enjoyable to study. It was very interesting. The subjects covered in the book have taught me a lot about myself and my life. Finishing this course, I feel even more clear headed and happy than I did before! I didn’t think I could feel any better. I feel physically and mentally freer and lighter. I am very, very Happy! This book is Ace!" J.S.

"Well I was told that this course would get better and better - I just didn’t believe it. I have gained even more skills which just blow me away. Today, from here on, to be honest, truthful and without withholds. From the earliest age I was dishonest. This trait continued throughout my adult life. I have seen the real damage that I have caused primarily to myself but also to other parts of my life and to my family especially. It has freed my mind of some dark secrets. I feel very happy. I will grow, I just know, deep inside that I will, to be ethical in all areas of my life." J.M.

It’s so lovely to see; to watch a person break free from the shackles of the past and experience true freedom. There’s nothing like seeing our students reach inner peace. The smiling faces are priceless. My reward.

Best Regards,

Alison Withey
info@drugrehab.co.uk
Narconon London, Hastings Residential Training Centre
Tel. 01424 420 036

A company limited by guarantee. Registered office: 42-44 Copthorne Road, Felbridge, East Grinstead, RH19 2NS
Narconon London Charity No. 1098004 – Company Registration No. 04305687
© 2009 Narconon is a trademark & service mark owned by the Association for Better Living and Education and used with its permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment